About the Global Ants Database
The Global Ants Database software platform was developed by La Trobe
University Schools of Zoology and Molecular Sciences. Funding for the project was provided by a
La Trobe University eResearch Grant.
Data contained within the Global Ants Database has been provided by many research groups around the
- Heloise Gibb: Project sponsor/coordinator
- Dean Stephens: Software developer (Summer intern)
- Venura Sasanka Abeysinghe: Software developer (Summer intern)
- Andrew Robinson: Software development supervisor/maintenance
- Daniel Tosello: Production system setup/maintenance
- Heloise Gibb: Research data submission & Database curation
- Manoli Photakis: Database curation
- The original AntDB managers: Former database curation
- If you contributed data to the Global Ant Database and would like your name listed here please
contact us with your details.